Microsoft research uncovered a supply chain attack distributed through a CyberLink installer. You can read about it via Diamond Sleet supply chain compromise distributes a modified CyberLink installer | Microsoft Security Blog. What is interesting about this article is a few key points.
- You can see an example of an organization’s threat intelligence providing research about a threat actor. Itis always cool to see behind the curtains of a research department.
- You can see how the communication chain is launched regarding first discover to product owners and user notifications.
- You can see how threat intelligence is converted into actions such as detection hashes for security tools.
- For those into code, you can see the original and malicious changes to code.
- Supply chain attacks continue to be a top concern for most organizations.
Check it out …